Weddings...How many servings do I need?
There is no magic way of determining the exact number of servings you will need. Too many factors will affect your attendance and the appetite of your guests. Here are some things for you to consider...
1. Think of your number of invitations. Some have suggested that 1/2 - 3/4 of that number will attend.
2. Some of the "invitations" that come to your wedding may bring along a date or a family of 4.
3. Are you serving a sit-down dinner, finger foods, or only cake to eat? These options will affect how "hungry" your guests are.
4. Are you going to save the top tier for your first anniversary? If so, do not count that when counting up "servable" cake for guests.
5. Are you having a groom's cake? If so, that may reduce your number of needed bride cake servings. Some folks enjoy a piece of BOTH cakes, while others will only choose one or the other. Some say a good rule of thumb is to have 1/2 -3/4 the number of groom cake servings as you have bride cake servings.
Again, these are just ideas to consider.